Friday, October 14, 2011

Mixing Things Up

(Thursday 13th October)

Cohen decided to mix things up today and decided to start his day just before 2:30am. It was awesome. Tried to get him back to sleep in our bed... for my efforts, I got smacked in the face, poked in the eye, tiny fingers up my nose, constant chatter and singing in my ears. An hour later I deposited him back in his own bed to see if that would work. No cigar = Simon's turn! Still didn't work, so at 4am, I strapped Cohen into his carseat, and he and I took off for a spin around the neighbourhood. That turned into a 1-hour drive, which only worked when we were halfway back home, and even then it was only temporary – he woke when I pulled into the garage and was WIDE AWAKE! It was after 5am at this point, so I figured that I would just entertain him as quietly as I could until 6am, when I could get Simon to take over! In some small miracle, Cohen ACTUALLY fell asleep properly, probably about 5:40am – there was no way I was moving so I could look at the clock, there was no way I was moving for anything! Luckily Si woke at 6am anyways, and he came out to see where we were and he took Cohen out of my arms and managed to actually transfer the small monkey to his cot successfully! I went back to bed and CRASHED until 9am! SCORE – sleep-in!!!!!

I thought I'd be all set for Cohen to have a great nap today...not so much. He and Kason both fell asleep in the car on the way home from running some errands, which was perfect, we'd left at naptime, so that was what they should have done. Kason had a decent nap, woke after an hour. Cohen? He woke up about 15 minutes after we got home.
We had Twins Group today, so seeing as they were both awake, we went, and I left them in the crèche for the first time – I desperately needed a break, I was SO exhausted! Thankfully, Cohen fell asleep in the car on the way home again. The ratbag lulled me into a false sense of security again though...I was convinced that surely he MUST be having a good nap, but no freaken way. 20 minutes after he fell asleep, he was awake again. Awake and clingy and whiny. Then at bedtime, I again stupidly, as it turns out, thought that he would go to sleep really easily. It took him almost an hour to fall asleep.

Right now, all I can say is, thank God it's Friday tomorrow and that Simon will be home for most of the day!!

And with that, I'm out. Going to have some ice-cream and then go to bed!!! Here's hoping for an uninterrupted sleep tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment