Sunday, November 11, 2012

We Made It!

Kason, Cohen and I made it safely to New Zealand yesterday! It was a long day, but both of the boys did incredibly well and I was so proud of them :-)

The flight was delayed, although only for around 30 minutes, so they had a play on the playground before saying bye to Daddy and going through Customs. At Adelaide airport, there is virtually nothing once you've gone through Customs (other than a small duty-free shop, and there was no way I was going to spend any time in there with two 2.5 year ols boys who refused to sit in their stroller!), so we sat by the big window and watched the planes landing and taking-off. The boys thought it was fantastic :-)

The flight itself was great - Cohen and Kason loved the fact that they had their own little screens and remotes...actually, I think it was the remotes they loved the most. Add in the fact that they could watch or listen to The Wiggles, and they were just in heaven! There was only a tiny big of turbulence during the flight, during the boys laughed :-)

Coming off and getting through Customs and MAF was a breeze, and the grins on the boys' faces when they saw Nana & Grumpy were just priceless! They just kept looking up/over at them as if they couldn't quite believe they were really there - they are much more used to seeing them in Skype.

The drive to Hamilton was uneventful. Both of the boys were tired and a bit grumpy and Kason fell asleep about 20 minutes from home. We woke him up when we arrived, had some dinner, settled in a bit, then they had a bath, brushed their teeth and went to bed. They crashed almost as soon as their little heads hit the pillow :-)

They woke up about 8am, and played with Nana and Grumpy until I woke up a couple of hours later. Then they played in the sandpit, went for a walk in their new Grumpy-built trolley, rode on their new skateboards, had some lunch, then we went out  to the block where Grumpy took them for a ride on the 4-wheel motorbike. They LOVED it, and there were plenty of tears, mainly from Kason when it was time to put the  bike away.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, and Kason and I even had a nap on the couch! It was lovely, although it won't be happening again anytime was NOT easy to get him to sleep tonight!

Anyways, I better go, have to be up kinda early in the morning (well, early Adelaide time).


No comments:

Post a Comment