Monday, June 4, 2012

Catching Up!

My blogging has been a bit hit and miss lately...things have been crazy for the last few weeks.

We had an awesome weekend celebrating the boys’ birthday! On the Friday, we went to the wildlife park about 45 minutes away from us. My Grandma gave Kason and Cohen an annual pass for their birthday, so it was really good to show Mum the place and how much the boys love it.


Wombat

Kason

Cohen

Kason & Cohen
Simon’s dance studio had a party night on the Friday night, so Mum and I took the boys in for part of it. They love it there, and they get so much attention! Simon loves showing them off too J On Saturday, their birthday day, we took them ten pin bowling!

Cohen

Kason
We did have other plans, but the weather was crap, so this was our back-up plan. The boys loved it...and they both beat Mum & I, and there was only one point between their scores. The only part they didn’t like was the waiting for their turns – typical toddlers! After their naps, we did cake...



and then went out for dinner. They did awesome, and were mostly really well behaved. They did run around a little bit, but we were there early, so there were only a few other people there, and Cohen & Kason are so super cute, that they just charmed everyone. On the Sunday, the weather was a bit better (i.e. no rain, only a few light showers), so we went to Monarto Zoo, which was what we had originally planned for Saturday. We had never been there before and it was amazing, we all just loved it! It was incredible being up so close to the animals. I am still astounded at the sheer size of the American Bison – one of which came right up to the bus

Bison

Zebras

White Rhinos

Lions

Chimpanzee

Me, Kason, Cohen & Simon
On Monday morning, we dropped my Mum at the airport so she could get her flight home. As always, it was sucky to see her leave, but at least we know we'll see her in November which will come around quickly enough. Kason and Cohen have both been asking for her since she left.

Tuesday morning we had an early start, for another trip to the airport! This time to drop Simon off for his flight to Sydney for his Dad's funeral. We got home in time for breakfast, then off to Playgroup.
This was my first time by myself with the boys, and I have to say that they were (generally) awesome! They were so well behaved, despite refusing to nap, and I was so impressed with them. That said, it is SO not easy to get out of the house in the mornings without a second pair of hands to help out! Especially on the Wednesday morning, when I had to get Kason and Cohen to occasional care by 8:45am! Needless to say, we were late, but only because one boy had a dirty nappy just as I was about to put him in the car!

Simon was back on Friday morning, but Kason & Cohen had a birthday party to attend which was chaotic trying to keep them both under control...the party was at some place and they had very structured activities, which, to be honest, were over the heads of the kids, all of whom had just turned two. It was just stressful for me, and I don't think the boys enjoyed it.
Simon was also working both Saturday and Sunday this weekend, at the Bridal Expo. It certainly all made for a loooong week! Especially seeings as the boys only has one nap the entire week! They did have another birthday party to go to on the Saturday, which was awesome, they had heaps of fun, as did I :-)

That catches us up to today! We ran a few errands this morning, then after dropping Simon at the bus stop, the boys and I had a playdate with some of their friends. Again they had a blast, and it was DEVINE to come home and have the boys actually sleep at nap time!!! I got to make a batch of chocolate chip muffins and have a nap myself!

Oh! And, I'm also doing the 'photo-a-day' for June:



I think though, that I might not keep strictly to it. If I take a photo that I really like that doesn't work for the 'photo-a-day', I'll use that one instead :-)

Anyways, I have things to do, better go!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment