Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Flying!

Day 297 by Road2Chaos2
Day 297, a photo by Road2Chaos2 on Flickr.

This is, obviously, Kason and Cohen waiting at the gate to board our plane to NZ. We had a great flight, even though they tried to kick us off AFTER we had boarded and got all settled in our seats.
I booked our tickets in person to make sure I could fly alone with two infants. We also rang at least five times to re-check and re-check and re-check. Got onboard and I was told that I couldn't fly by myself with them. I was well unimpressed. Thankfully there was a lovely, LOVELY Dad sitting behind us who offered to hold one of the boys on take-off and landing. Once the captain had confirmed that was ok, we were sorted!
It really was an awesome flight, the boys did fantastically well. Kason fell asleep for about 1.5 hours in the middle of the flight...Cohen, on the other hand, fell asleep right as the pilot said, "Cabin crew, please arm the doors for landing", so he only got about 30 mins sleep.
I was so incredibly impressed with them both, and so were many of the other passengers - many of them commented on how well behaved they were. Me = proud Mama!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment