Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Big Weekend

This weekend just gone was huge for The Husband and I...we were DJing the music at the National Latin and Ballroom Championships. We worked two 17 hour days with four hours sleep on both Saturday and Sunday nights, but it was so much fun!!!!!! We had what had to be the best view of the dance floor in the entire stadium, and we also had the benefit of having a professional judge (who wasn't judging this particular comp) sitting with us the whole time so we learnt a lot from him! It takes him just over one minute to judge 6 couples on the floor - I have no idea how he could do that! I see a couple that I like and I usually watch them!

We had friends over from Sydney and Serbia to compete, so it was awesome to see them! And they all did really well, especially K & S from Serbia who competed in two premier events only, and winning both of them!

Monday morning I worked for one hour and then collected B, G and V from the airport (they had spent the week in Christchurch visiting family and the mountain). We spent the day at Waiwera Hot Pools - it was so much fun!

I'll have to upload some photos at some stage.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment