Monday, March 15, 2010

Miscellaneous

1. We had our OB appointment this morning...babies are small, but growing "similarly". Thank god we had our scan last Friday and the ultrasound guy was much more reassuring! He told us that, while they *are* small, they are growing together, and at a good rate.

2. This whole 'sleeping-on-an-airbed' thing really isn't so much fun after eight (yes, EIGHT!) weeks, but today I got a referral to the physio for my back pain! AND, they had a space for tomorrow! It's kind of sad how excited I am about a physio appointment, but I have high hopes!

3. I also have high hopes that as of this Thursday, I will no longer have to sleep on said airbed!

3(a). No, our personal effects still have not arrived, and we still don't know when they will arrive, but I'm hoping it will be the end of this week.

3(b). I'm going to visit two of my brothers and one of my sisters-in-law in the Gold Coast for a few days from Thursday - and they have a spare bed! So I will, at least, get to sleep in a proper bed for three nights.

4. When I first found out I was pregnant, I started knitting a blanket for the baby. That was 24 weeks ago...I finished it last week. It's really plain, and in no way at all was it difficult - far from it, in fact - I just have to be in the right kind of 'space' to knit, and I kept going through huge phases of not working on it!

4(a). I have since started another blanket for the other twin...what's the odds I can finish this one in time! At least for the moment it has the novelty of being a different colour to the one I have just finished...

5. I can't wait to see my brothers and my sister-in-law!!! I haven't seen my younger brother since about mid-way through last year and at the time I didn't know I wouldn't see him for so long, and I last saw my older brother and his wife at Christmas, but only briefly as they were only in town for two days and had A LOT on!

6. It was my birthday last week. I'm now 25. Car insurance is cheaper now...we don't have a car. I went to a seminar on 'Coping with Baby's First Months', then went out salsa dancing with The Husband and two friends. Was great fun!

7. I'm hungry, so I'm going to go now and make some spaghetti bolognaise for my dinner!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment